Pistol Crossbow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pistolbow with unique PVC Prod

3 posters

Go down

Pistolbow with unique PVC Prod Empty Pistolbow with unique PVC Prod

Post  KenH Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:46 am

Check out the Backyard Bowyer's tutorial on building a simple 40-45# draw pistolbow using a 12" length of 3/4" PVC to make the prod! http://backyardbowyer.com/mini-crossbow-tutorial/

Personally I think his tiller looks a bit wide and clunky, and the trigger lever and homemade bolt are 'way too big, but that's cosmetics. The molded PVC prod concept is genius!

Pistolbow with unique PVC Prod 57

He also has a tutorial for making a nice looking Mongol style vertical bow with about the same draw weight.

KenH

Back to top Go down

Pistolbow with unique PVC Prod Empty Re: Pistolbow with unique PVC Prod

Post  NaturalFork Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:11 pm

That is awesome! thanks for sharing.

NaturalFork

Back to top Go down

Post  KenH Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:14 pm

I made a curved jig from a piece of 2x4, and experimented to find that if you pre-heat an oiven to 400F and bake a length of PVC for 3-5 minutes, it's the perfect temperature for pressing into prods. That way I can get the recurved tips and body of the prod flattened in one operation.

KenH

Back to top Go down

Post  Truth Hunter Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:58 pm

KenH wrote:I made a curved jig from a piece of 2x4, and experimented to find that if you pre-heat an oiven to 400F and bake a length of PVC for 3-5 minutes, it's the perfect temperature for pressing into prods. That way I can get the recurved tips and body of the prod flattened in one operation.

any pics?

Truth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum