Pistol Crossbow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

something strange

3 posters

Go down

something strange  Empty something strange

Post  Truth Hunter Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:34 pm

Well got to shoot some today, target was a box with some rug stuffed inside. Had something strange happen had one bolt that would not shoot was looking for it and was still in pistol under the string. scratch After sever tries I put some fiberglass electrical tape and super glue on the string were the string comes in contact with the bolt. It worked after that.

Truth Hunter

Back to top Go down

something strange  Empty Re: something strange

Post  KenH Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:15 pm

That kind of misfire is usually caused by pulling the trigger too vigorously and not having the bolt in the right place. Those pistol bows have basically a push pin lock and if you pull the trigger too fast/hard it flips the string up too vigorously and if the bolt is too far back - the butt is a hair beyond the lip of the slot - then the string slips under the bolt instead of hitting it square.

KenH

Back to top Go down

Post  Truth Hunter Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:39 am

It was only doing it with the one bolt, and the string was actually going over the top of the bolt.
The string was wearing a notch in it and the fiberglass tape and superglue solved that issue. Smile
Yesterday I took a Vacation day so was a crossbow day, Very Happy got some shooting in and did notice that the fiberglass tape had worn through from rubbing the rail, so flipped the string over, And I am using string wax.
I also added a small wooden shim under the prod to raise it to better line up with the rail to my liking.

Truth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  NaturalFork Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:29 am

I have had this happen as well and have found that I usually do not have the bolt seated correctly.

NaturalFork

Back to top Go down

Post  Truth Hunter Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:39 pm

Had it happen to me again, the placement of the bolt did not seem to made any difference.

I JB welded a thick piece of plastic on the upper frame so there is no room for string to jump above bolt, so far so good.

Truth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum