Pistol Crossbow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to forum!!

4 posters

Go down

New to forum!! Empty New to forum!!

Post  beastleylizard Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:41 am

Hi there came across this forum whilst searching for tips etc for my new (and first) pistol crossbow. Hoping to be able to get pointers/help and info and to also do the same for anyone else if I can.

beastleylizard

Back to top Go down

New to forum!! Empty Re: New to forum!!

Post  KenH Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:33 pm

Welcome! Tell us what you've got. Better yet, show us a picture or three. Where do you shoot?

Got questions? We make up pretty good answers Razz

I've got an 80# Cobra clone, one of the better ones. Be sure you keep your string and rail lubed, but don't get suckered into buying expensive bow/string lube. Chapstick or Vaseline work just fine.

KenH

Back to top Go down

Post  beastleylizard Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:58 am

Thanks for the welcome! Ive only got a cheap one at the moment just wanted to get a feel for it before I invest in a better quality one Wink Just use it at home at the moment. Where do you use yours?

beastleylizard

Back to top Go down

Post  KenH Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:13 am

I liveaboard a 26ft sailboat, and in part use my current pistolbow for a self-defense weapon. I target shoot down the length of my cabin - something I could not do with a handgun!

Actually my feeling is that the commercial pistolbows aren't really pistols; their more like carbines. I'm in the process of developing and building real pistol-sized crossbows with 10" or 12" prods rather than the 18" prods commercial pistolbow have. They will also have better triggers and actions. Hopefully before long I'll be able to make a few for sale.

KenH

Back to top Go down

Post  Truth Hunter Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:48 pm

Welcome beastleylizard Very Happy
I have two cheap ones myself lately have got side tracked, walked in a shop to get some bolts and walked out with a blow gun. Embarassed Laughing

Truth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  NaturalFork Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:56 pm

KenH wrote:I liveaboard a 26ft sailboat, and in part use my current pistolbow for a self-defense weapon. I target shoot down the length of my cabin - something I could not do with a handgun!

Actually my feeling is that the commercial pistolbows aren't really pistols; their more like carbines. I'm in the process of developing and building real pistol-sized crossbows with 10" or 12" prods rather than the 18" prods commercial pistolbow have. They will also have better triggers and actions. Hopefully before long I'll be able to make a few for sale.

That sounds awesome! I know I would be in the market for one!

NaturalFork

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down