Pistol Crossbow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modify / prevention

3 posters

Go down

Modify / prevention  Empty Modify / prevention

Post  Truth Hunter Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:25 am

On the 50LB I have I put some rubber tube on the cocking hooks in hope this will save some life on the string.
Front site the Rivet was loose so some JB Weld came to the rescue.
Blue Locktite on screws
I seen were one person applied super glue to string to keep it from unraveling
Rear site is missing was thinking of making one, I could get another for around 5 dollars on e-bay but I have seen the complete 50lb bow for 15 so could just keep this one for parts.

Truth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Modify / prevention  Empty Re: Modify / prevention

Post  KenH Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:07 pm

The tubing on the cocking hooks is a GREAT idea. I'm gonna copy that.

I use a Chapstick or Vaseline or a candle stub to 'dress' my string every dozen shots or so. I would think that soaking a string in superglue would cause it to become brittle and break even more readily, not prevent fraying.

What about making a rear peep site from an inch or so of 1/4" brass tubing. Or a washer and a piece of all-thread to adjust elevation?

KenH

Back to top Go down

Post  Truth Hunter Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:43 pm

Today I made a site for my 50lb and it works ok no right or left adjustment but it is set to center on the gun so if I am off it is me moving when pulling the trigger.
Tired so heading to bed, Sleep
My new self cocking showed up to day but much to my disappointment it was not as described, NOT A Jaguar brand Shocked and not metal construction, Evil or Very Mad waiting to hear from seller and nothing So far, Evil or Very Mad silent Will give more details later.
I also plan to give my review on the 3 different styles I have, and the differences I see between the 50lb, the manual 80lb and the self cocking 80LB

Truth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Modify / prevention  Empty Repeating Crossbow Pistols

Post  Fred Gingrich Sat May 25, 2013 7:31 am

I found this:
[url=repeating-crossbows.com]repeating-crossbows.com[/url]

Seems to have some good ideas.
~Fred

Fred Gingrich

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content